RELEASE DATE 20.10.2012 ON BITCLAP!
Check Vakkuum's banger 'Sonar' while reading the little Q&A we have for you!
Sonar EP comes out October 15th!
• Vakkuum – why do you call yourself like that?
Your music sounds kind of like the opposite of ‘empty of matter’
I found my name awhile back when I first got into electronic music.
I was listening to a lot of stuff from overseas (i.e. BNR, Institubes (RIP), Ed Banger)
I saw this one track by Housemeister called "Vakuum" and added the extra 'K' from there
on out it just stuck with me.
• Your ‘Sonar’ EP is out to be soon. And again, we noticed you have a special
taste when it comes to names and titles. What’s the story behind ‘Sonar’?
I've always have a hard time choosing names. Sonar came to be because of the lead synth in the track.
If you listen closely on the second buildup it has a deep underwater sound to it so I
thought it fit well.
• How would you define your EP in just three words?
High Energy Techno
• Although you’re quite new in this whole electronic scene, you quickly gained
support of some big artists, like Fake Blood, Brodinski, Boys Noize etc…
Your bomb ‘Sonar’ has already been played by Gesaffelstein at Electric Zoo
Festival and by Brodinski at the Bromance Records party…
sounds as if a huge wave of success is coming forward. What are your plans for the future?
Yeah, Its crazy to have all this happen. I've been big fans of these guys for a long time
and to have them playing my tracks is such an amazing feeling!
Right now my main focus is on my production and improving my sound.
I have a lot of new projects I'm working on that I can't wait to show everyone,
but for now they're under wraps :)
• You said you always produce better after a really good meal.
So we’re interested, what’s been the best meal you ever had?
Hm thats a tough one. I'd have to say it was this homemade pizza i made once
with prosciutto, goat cheese, garlic, and arugula. It was pretty special.
• What do you prefer, DJing or producing? Why?
Producing. I love making music and playing with different sounds for hours on end.
I'd do it all day if I could.
• What profession do you think you would have taken up if not that of a DJ/producer?
Cooking. I work in the restaurant industry now and although its high stress it's a lot
of fun, you can express your creativity in food the same way with music.
• You’ve been touring through the United States, Europe and Central America…
any favourite city to play in?
I really loved Paris and Nice. I played at this small club in Nice in the basement of this
bar called L'abat Jour. it was very underground.. rock walls and candles haha..
really great vibes and people too. also the city was beautiful!
• Electronic music – minimal or maximal?
Can't choose. I really enjoy a lot of minimal and deep house music although
what I produce and play is on the heavier techno side. I'm going to be starting
a side project soon that will be more house/deep house so be on the lookout for that
in the future!
• Vinyl or mp3?
MP3 for now. I'd love to learn how to play a vinyl set better, I've tried it out before
and love the feel of wax. As of right now I play on CDs.
• If you could only listen to one song… which one would it be?
Todd Terje - Inspector Norse. I cook my breakfast every morning to it
Thanks for taking the time!
While the the 'Modek' remix of his track 'Steroid' hast just
been released, we had a little Q&A with TAI, the Dim Mak-signed
producer of whom we're gonna hear a lot in the future!
Check the new track while reading!
- Tai Jason – one of the best German Hip Hop producers of all time vs. TAI
–signed by Dim Mak Records and producer of really hot electronic music.
Why did ‘Jason’ have to leave?
I felt like I had to make a break between the two musical productions.
- What was the reason for you to stop producing hip hop and moving over to
All of the rappers I was producing for still want ordinary 90s Hip Hop beats.
I always felt like progressing with my music and wanted to introduce new styles & elements
so it was time to move on to a music scene that was moving and hadn’t stopped
dead in their creativity.
But Sido is engaging with one of my more electronic Hip Hop beats right now for his
“Best Of” Album. I am finishing the track today. It will be called, “Gib mir mein
The first version I did was a sick Trap version, but he didn’t get it ‘cause German rappers
don’t know this Dirty South Electro clash yet. So I made a compromise in the track and
produced it differently.
I’ll have to wait for 2 years before they rap on this style. It was the same when Dubstep
came about. I produced playbacks for K.I.Z. but they didn’t get it until 2 years later when
then came back and asked me for some Dubstep playbacks to rap to.
All good in da hood. Lets keep this music thing rolling. That’s what it all comes down to.
- How would you define the style of your music in just three words?
Open to everything
- You’ve really done a lot by now... producing hip hop, rapping, producing porn music...
what else is coming in the future? Maybe some grime beats with yourself rapping over it?
Sido and me just recorded, “Sureshot Pt.2” together! (Here is Pt.1)
Just ghostwrote this track for Kreayshawn
I’m pretty pissed of though ‘cause it was meant to be featuring me as I rapped
the hook together with Diplo.
I’m doing lots of production for other artists but I can’t say their names.
- You’ve been to Australia, Brazil, Belgium... any favourite country to play in?
I actually came back from Australia yesterday. It’s one of my favorite places to go.
I love playing to every crowd, no matter where or how big it is as long as they are all
about the music and party with me as hard as they possibly can!
- Watching you having so much success in different genres of music, one could say
you’re an all round-talent. Any other hidden talents the world should
Haha thanks, I like cooking. I exchange photos of my cooked victory online with Bot from The Crookers. He is GOOD!!
- What profession do you think you would have taken up if not that of a producer?
It sounds stupid but I think the porn industry producing. I know a lot of people in this
business doing it BIIIG and they have always told me they would like me to be a part of it.
Or maybe I’d work as a cook in my own little slow-food restaurant. But I basically do that
already whenever I am at home for four; just don’t get paid to do so :-)
- We’re featuring the Modek Remix of your track ‚Steroid’ – what’s the
story behind that name?
Thank you so much guys. Isn’t it a smash!!?
To me the track just sounds like a steroid fed neck, head-butting through a brick wall
with a layer of Japanese sum wrestlers standing behind it.
This might be my hardest ever!
- Last but not least, some short questions...
- Vinyl or mp3?
Started on one, playing on the other now. Guess which order? :-)
- Tupac or Biggie?
- Computer or TV?
I bought the biggest TV this year and didn’t use it once.
Where as I’m watching the new Breaking Bad season on my Laptop, and just finished a remix
for Wiley’s, “AYAYA” and a remix for One Republics, “Feel Again” on tour in Australia.
I hate myself for this. But I will try and produce less music and watch more TV in the future, ok.
My Laptop is personalized for me and it is pimped to the fastest possible apple laptop.
- Noise all the time or silence forever?
Noise all the time until my tinnitus gives me silence forever?
- If you could only listen to one song, which one would it be?
A medley of all The Beatles songs mixed into one long track with my homey Lil Jon all over it, haha J
Thanks for taking the time!
Thank you very much for having me!
- Tai Jason – one of the best German Hip Hop producers of all time vs. TAI
OH MY GOD ITS MOONBOOTICA LIVE!
On Saturday, 29th September, Moonbootica are having a gig in Scandinavian Seaways Terminal in Hamburg.
Supporting Artists are TAI and OKÄI!
Y'all should save the date, show up AND comment this post with a working mail address!
Why? 'Cause we are giving away the ultimate MOONBOOTICA-package!
2 x guestlist +1, a hand-signed 'Our Disco Is Louder Than Yours' album plus a Moonbootica 'Vacation' Shirt out of the OMGITM Supershop!
So just leave a comment! Winners will be announced on Friday!
On tape show, the show by tape.tv and zdf kultur, has invited the hottest DJ/producer
concerning electro music – BOYS NOIZE!
On October 4th he will give a mind-blowing live performance and even an interview
afterwards! There’s gonna be a live stream, but we know you would love to be right there
when he’s gonna raze the tape.tv studio in Berlin to the ground! That’s why we’re giving
away 2x2 tickets! Just write a comment with a working mail address. Winners will be announced soon!
CHECK OUT THIS BRANDNEW RELEASE!
The faces you'll make when you hear this EP will match those of most people that try to pronounce their name. This is big stuff, and OMGITM are very proud to be cutting the chains on this monster of an EP.
The premiere track on this three parter is SWAG, a straight up electro house number that draws you in with a big room build up before churning you through the meat grinder with the drop. This is bass music of the juiciest kind.
The meat in our EP sandwich is BIG SPLASH, a rocking track that has the distortion amps turned up all the way to 11. When the robot uprising finally happens, this will be their anthem.
The final track is the titular one, DOG SAFARI. With a relentless bassline and a talkative hook, this track will keep the club at a hot summer. And when that clap comes in, expect some ostblockschlampen faces in the crowd.
-- BUY IT HERE! --
1) Myam Myam - Solitidy (Ego Troopers Edit)
2) Momentum (Clockwork Remix vs. Ostblockschlampen Edit)
3) Ostblockschlampen - Original Ganja (Mash Up)
4) Go Deep (Astronomar Remix / Ostblockschlampen Edit)
5) Boys Noize - XTC
6) Rule of Eight - Surge
7) Azzido Da Bass - Rawk
8) VCMG – Aftermaths (Gesaffelstein Remix)
9) Saur - Angry Duck (Dirty Audio Remix)
10) Feeling for Plex - Ostblockschlampen Mashup (Harvard Bass / Egotroopers)
11) The Partysquad & Punish - Pullup 2012
12) Savior (Dirty Audio Remix)
13) Knife Party - Sleaze
14) Stereofunk - Home Run (Ostblockschlampen Remix)
15) Kid Kaio - Hey (Ostblockschlampen Moombah Edit)
16) Ostblockschlampen - L.A. Boom
17) The Flexican and FS Green - Bumaye (Wessel S Moombahton Edit)
18) Ostblockschlampen - Dog Safari
|Items 31 to 40 of 790 total||Page:|