SUPERMIX AUG 2012 - MIXED BY GTRONIC
ON 24th AUGUST, THE BELGIAN PRODUCER/DJ G-TRONIC WILL PLAY AT
THE OMGITM – LABELPARTY! LISTEN TO HIS EXCLUSIVE OMGITM-SUPERMIX
WHILE YOU READ THE LITTLE TALK WE HAD WITH HIM!
• Hey! Why do you call yourself Gtronic? Does “G” stand for “Gangster”?
Haha. Yeah, I was the founder of G-Unit. After we split I grew into electronic music.
So it became Gtronic. Or it can be from Greg and Electronic music. I don't remember
• How was your Sergeant Bass World Tour so far?
My tour is going well. I just came back from an amazing trip in South-America.
I've played in every continent, except Antarctica, by now. The schedule gets updated
almost every week, and there are some great new shows confirmed.
• You're favorite country to play in is Australia – why?
Australia is a favourite because I do the tours with Trash bags. These guys do an amazing
job and are on top of the whole electro scene. We sort of grew up together and that's
why Australia feels like a second home to me. On another note: Germany and Italy are
doing really well. I guess that would be my top 3 at the moment.
• Australia vs. Antwerp?
Mmm, so a whole continent against one little Belgian city? I guess when it comes down
on playing Fifa on a ps3 and drinking beer, we Antwerp-people are KING. Muhahaha
• You’re in Hamburg on 24th August for the OMGITM-Label party.
Ever been to Germany before? What is your experience?
Yeah really looking forward to that party! Like I said, Germany is in my top 3. I play
minimum one show a month in Germany, so experience in abundance. A lot of die-hard
electro fans, love it!
• Do you remember the first time you noticed “Oh My God Its Techno Music!"?
Yeah, it was the time I discovered The Bloody Beetroots. They wore the OMGITM stuff.
I immediately thought, fuck yeah crazy t-shirt, I must have one! Hehe , now I have a
whole collection of OMGITM wear... Actually I own pretty much every piece you can
find on the web shop, hehe.
• In the beginning you were a tech house DJ – how did the change of your
My musical roots, everything with distorted guitars, made me search unconsciously for
the harder work. When Vitalic, Digitalism and Boys Noize came up, I was immediately
• You love video games right? If you could be a video game character, which
one would you like to be and why?
Ha! Mmm let me think... N.Gin from Crash Team Racing! Don't ask me why, hehe.
• What profession do you think you would have taken up if not that of a DJ/producer?
I would have done something in the industry. Like a process operator at an oil company
or whatever. Lucky I'm still DJing and producing for a living.It would be really hard to
make that change over.
Last but not least, some short questions….
• Deejaying or producing? producing
• Vinyl or mp3? mp3
• Noise all the time or silence forever? silence
• Clubs or festivals/open air events? clubs
• Computer or TV? computer
• Tea or coffee? coffee
• If you could only listen to one song, which one would it be?
Righeira - Vamos a la playa
Thanks for taking the time!